* If your home or place of business ever experiences a flood then these crucial steps can save your life and preserve your material belongings.However, the flood has been caused, the immediate emergency flood damage water cleanup is the same. The water and Fire damage restoration and repair professionals will bring plenty of large pumps to pump out any standing water in very short order completely. Then, they’ll use commercial grade wet vacuums to eliminate any other visible water.
Many walls will need to be opened to allow insulation to dry, carpet damaged by toxic water will have to be completely removed and replaced. Any salvageable carpet will have to be raised and immediately dried using commercial grade blowers until the carpet and pad are completely, thoroughly dry. Large high volume fans will need to be placed in the doors and windows of the home to blow huge quantities of dry air inside to dry all the water and make sure the moisture is gone completely.
These TIPS can help you, so it’s important to know these basic steps just in case it happens to you.
* Turn off all circuit breakers at the main fuse box.
* Turn off the main water supply valve.
* Don’t enter any room that has electrical power enabled/On.
* Don’t enter any room that has sewage water spilled into it. Tracking harmful bacteria into other areas of the home or office can be limited by this step.
* If ceiling drywall is sagging don’t enter the room. Don’t use any electrical devices while standing on wet floors. Ceiling fans should be turned off at the circuit breaker.
* Call your insurance agent to file a claim
* Take pictures or video the damage to document the damage
* Open doors and windows to dry out if good weather is at hand.
* Protect furniture by raising legs and slipping plastic baggies or unstained wood blocks under furniture.
* Remove items of value such as paintings, vital records, heirlooms, photos.
* Place important files and other wet valuable items into the freezer to preserve and prevent molding while awaiting professional restoration.
* Fabrics that got wet can be hung to dry outside. Area Rugs can also be dried outside weather permitting.
* Leather items should not be exposed to direct sunlight when drying. It is best to dry such materials indoors.
* Prop up cushions for even area drying in a room or outside weather permitting.
* Look to see if your curtains have gotten wet, if so then hang them on a hanger supported by the curtain rod.
* Remove any newspapers or colored ink magazines from flooring.
* Wipe dry any wood furniture.
* Air flow circulation speeds up drying, open up all cabinets and cupboards. Turn on ceiling fans once electrical shock conditions are not present. In the winter months, you can open the windows and use the heater with alternating drying times. In the Summer months, you should turn on the air conditioner to the low setting.
* Time is of great importance to interact with this type of flooding experience. Your best bet is to call a flood damage restoration Company that have the professionals to help restore your home or business back to a pre-loss water damage condition. Typically most people are not able to restore and dry out their home or business adequately. That is why it is best to use a professional restoration company.